Data Privacy Statement of Dalkey United
Dalkey United is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable to and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a customer. It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Dalkey United in relation to the information we collect about you.
These terms will take effect from 25th May 2018.
1. Who are we? Dalkey United is an inclusive football club providing football to boys and girls aged 5-18 years.
2. How you can contact us.
- by writing to us at Dalkey United, Hyde Park, Hyde Road, Dalkey, Co. Dublin
3. Purpose for collecting and processing your data. The information we collect and hold about you is in relation to membership of the club, participation in club events or the purchase of club merchandise. This information includes personal information you give us when you become a member, participate in club events or purchase merchandise and information we collect automatically such as your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services and when you visited our website. 2 The chart below outlines what personal information we hold about you and how we use it. Types of Information Examples of how we use the information Identity Information Name, address, date of birth This information is use to identify you and to combat fraud and other illegal activity Contact Information Email address, telephone number We use your contact information to provide you with club updates. Information on your child’s physical or mental health With your consent and to endeavor to ensure the wellbeing of your child, we collect and process information you have provided us.
4. Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis. We at Dalkey United need to collect personal data from you in order for us to manage your membership and provide you with relevant club updates. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is for consent and the performance of your membership
- Legal basis – Dalkey United needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to club membership and in the vital interests of the member. From the 25th May 2018 all new members of Dalkey United are required to consent to the processing of their data. In any event, Dalkey United are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
5. How will Dalkey United use the personal data it collects about me? Dalkey United will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s GDPR. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. The chart outlined earlier gives you details as to why and how we use your personal data.
6. Special Categories of personal data When we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure to obtain your explicit consent in line with the GDPR requirements.
7. Who are we sharing your data with? We do not share your data with third parties. We do not transfer your personal data to a third party or outside the EU.
8. Security Measures to safeguard your personal information 3 We use internal technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access to help ensure the appropriate use of your personal information and to maintain data accuracy. These security measures include password protecting of your personal information, physical protection of the premises, firewalls, encryption on all company devices and strong security protection procedures.
9. Data Subjects Rights: Dalkey United facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our Data Protection Policy and the Subject Access Request procedure. This is available on request. Your rights as a data subject At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights: • Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Dalkey United refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data. Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing.
10. Retention of your personal data Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained.
11. Complaints In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Dalkey United or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Dalkey United’s Club Secretary.
12. Failure to provide further information If we are collecting your data for a specific reason and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean your membership or participation cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
13. Automated Decision Making and Profiling We do not engage in automated decision making or profiling. Profiling for marketing purposes We do not engage in profiling for marketing purposes.
14. Marketing We do not engage in marketing.
Version 1- 25th May 2018